Thursday, April 25, 2013

Final Reflection


GOALS
Creativity

Action

Service

Learning Outcomes
Achieved?
Nature/Location of Evidence
Increased awareness of their own strengths and areas of growth
 Yes
 Over the past 2 years i have participated in various amount of after school activities that made me realize my weaknesses and my strengths. participation as a musician and sportsman. Some of the areas that i need growth is leadership as I haven't done much of leadership related stuff in the past two years as i hoped to.
Undertaken new challenges
 Yes
 I have definitely undertaken new challenges in service as well as action. In service going for builds, in the beginning of the service project was a completely new challenge for me as i have never really helped anyone to build a house. For action I did wall climbing as that was a completely new challenge for me and i did it to get rid of my fear of heights.
Planned and initiated activities
 Yes
 In Habitat for Humanity we planned and initiated a primary school movie night, which was a lot to handle because they were all little kids, it did take a lot of planning to initiate.
Worked collaboratively with others
 Yes
 I have worked collaboratively with others when i play football on every Saturdays and also in Habitat for humanity whenever we go on a build I had to work with the local community as well.
Shown perseverance and commitment in their activities
 Yes
For all of my activities i have stayed committed and I have been on time for almost all of my activities that i have taken part in. Such as Saturday football, All the builds we went on Habitat for Humanity.
Engaged with issues of global importance
 Yes
 This was something that i didnt do as much compared to the other outcomes of learning, but in my service project we helped to build homes that were destroyed from the tsunami.
Considered the ethical implications of their actions
 Yes
 Over the past 2 years when representing the OSC, I try to behave and consider the ethical implication that would cause due to my action such as ruin the school name.
Developed new skills
 Yes
 The past 2 years i have gathered a lot of new skills especially from Habitat for Humanity as it helped me be more punctual, to work collaboratively with the local community even though we dont speak the same language, and also how to use local tools. I also learned how to wall climb and also some new skills in guitar when I was practicing for the concerts that i have played. And finally i developed my football playing skills as i played more matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment